Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sunday

Today I'm responding to the rough drafts of research papers by my upper-division students. They are interesting papers, but I am looking forward to sitting and reading something that I don't have to quickly formulate an opinion on, for the purpose of providing "feedback" to the writer.

The craft fair was fun. I bought some soap. Lots of crafty stuff that seems slightly overpriced, but nice to look at. I can't imagine those crafters support themselves with their wares. I wonder what their day jobs are.

Laura and I went to a toy store. I bought a present for my niece, who is 4. It's pink!

I wrote yet another draft of a poem.

The best way to listen to Christmas music is to load all your 134 Christmas songs onto your ipod, and then press "shuffle songs", so Christmas songs are interspersed with all your other music on your ipod. It keeps you from going crazy with the Christmas music. But you still get to enjoy it. Like this:
Bob Dylan song
O HOLY NIGHT
Iron and Wine song
Jo Dee Messina song
WHITE CHRISTMAS
Shins song
Decemberists song
HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
Stan Getz song
Beck song
HARK THE HERALD ANGELS SING

It's great!

No comments: