Thursday, April 24, 2008

The View from My Hotel Balcony

I'm in Astoria this morning. Last night Tom Blood, Monica Drake, Susan Fletcher and Kristian Williams read at the Cannery Pier Hotel, where we're all staying.

Their work is all very different, but somehow it all comes together in an interesting way. Monica's book is about a girl who works as a clown, Tom's a lyric poet, Kristian's book is about government torture and Susan's book for young adults takes place in the Middle East. It always happens in these readings that I notice connections, even in work that seems very disparate.

The picture to the left is Tom at the reading last night.

I'm spending the next hour or so trying to finish some of my own poems for poetry group Sunday! Then I'll explore Astoria a little. On foot! And drive down to Newport for the reading tonight.




My internet connection seems intermittent. I'll post this now, while I can! (the ship was passing by my room so I took a picture of it)

No comments: