Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know haven't been posting much lately, as many of my adoring fans have reminded me. Well, Amy reminded me anyway!

I have been reading Dean Young's new book Embryoyo and I love it! I finished Easter Parade by Richard Yates. I've started The Map of Love by Ahdaf Soueif, I haven't read very far.

I had a poem accepted by New York Quarterly!" I'll be in those pages ... eventually. I think they have quite a backlog. Still, a nice yes!

Matt Yurdana came to visit my Intro to Poetry class at PSU this week. I think the students really enjoyed it. His book is called Public Gestures - an Oregon Book Awards finalist!

Last night we went to see Sparklehorse at the Wonder Ballroom. They were good. They played a short set but Michael got a signed poster. We went to a bar I've never been to before, called The Echo.

Michael gave me some very nice chocolates and pink roses and a new desk chair which I have been needing! I made creme brulee for Valentine's Day and we are going to watch LOST later. Well, truth be told, I usually fall asleep or get up and go to bed to read during LOST. I am lost when I watch LOST. Matthew Fox can only keep me engaged for so long. I don't understand what they are doing! Why are they still lost? If they have all that other stuff they keep finding on the island than why wouldn't they also find like a cell phone or something? And they are all so serious all the time. I don't think it's going to be any FUN on that island until they find Gilligan and the Skipper. Then the party will start rocking!

1 comment:

Happy said...

You have an own history of Valentine's Day:) Nice!