Thursday, February 02, 2006

Groundhog Where Is Thy Shadow?

He saw it. Six more weeks.

But the daffodils are coming up! It's time to prune the roses. Who put that groundhog in charge anyway?

Last night I read Still Life With Oysters and Lemons: On Objects and Intimacy by Mark Doty. It's a short little book, but it's really beauifully written. He talks about 17th Century Dutch Painting, and seeing and still life. I shall elaborate at a later time - class starts in a little over an hour.

I am now the proud owner of a red Kitchenaid tea kettle that whistles! It was just what my kitchen needed. And I was tired of heating water in the microwave every time I wanted a cup of tea.

We had more rain in Oregon in January than we've had in thirty years.

Tonight I'm signing up Max for Little League Baseball. Saturday we're going to the Fantastics!

Shall I tell you what I'm going to have for lunch? Would that be exciting? Ah, the life of a blogger.

1 comment:

Le Plume said...

report has it that groundhogs were drowned in their burrows. hmmm. on the other hand, maybe not.

(love the pics on your blog by the way.)