Friday, April 14, 2006

Eggs, Rain

It's not a collage, but it is a bunny.

The Loggernaut reading was good, and it was at Mississippi Studios, which seems like a great place for a reading. Poetry readings and drinks just go together! Chelsea Cain was funny (even in mixed company) - Anthony Robinson and his picture-taking girlfriend were charming (the picture taking reminded me of myself at my kids sporting events - and poetry readings are a kind of sport!), and I loved the story by Daniel Alarcon about being Abraham Lincoln's lover (he had to get a hold of himself half way through his story - he was laughing too!).

Anthony Robinson did his part for the Caffeine Destiny plan to take over the world by mentioning us at the beginning of his reading. We appreciate it, although we didn't take a picture!

The Loggernaut people were playing a silent version of some German science fiction movie on the back porch of the studio. Unfortunately it was raining.

I have tulips and daffodils in my house and I plan to have even more before the weekend is over. Family coming over for Easter brunch Sunday.

I think we will dye eggs today or tomorrow. I have several ceramic bunnies that are attached to ceramic egg holders around the house that need their eggs.

My kids are past the age of wondering, "how does the Bunny get into the house?" - this used to be a concern.

And speaking of eggs, am reminded of a friend's father in grade school who always used to say after he'd cracked a funny joke, "I'd stop you laughing but we need the eggs." I remember always being slightly puzzled by that expression, but I know he enjoyed saying it.

I fear Max's make-up game will be cancelled again today. Tomorrow's game is at Burnsidie Field, though, and Max tells me they always cover that field when it rains.

But before all that, I must create a Power Point presentation for one of my online classes. I keep thinking Powerpoint will die a natural death, but it keeps hanging on. It gets resurrected!

Yesterday we had the first workshop in the poetry class I'm teaching this term. I think it went well. Always a fine line between not wanting to crush people's little poetry writing hearts, but also wanting to give them something to think about, in terms of revision.

This time of the year I think of the Charles Wright line:

Easter with all its little mouths open in the rain

No comments: