Friday, October 28, 2005

Help Me!

Tonight I worked at Rossi's Farm's Haunted House with my daughter and a friend. I wore a mask and said "help me!". Also spent part of the time being a head without a body. I've never worked at a haunted house before, it was fun. And thankfully my husband came and relieved me for the last hour and a half. Saying "help me!" over and over gets a little tiring.

The indictment has arrived. None of my students seemed too interested.

I messed up the front of my car but it's going to get fixed. My students have a paper to write this weekend and I'm hoping they will rise to the occasion - a bit of a post mid-term slump seems to have descended on some of them.

No papers to grade this weekend! The new Caffeine Destiny is coming along. A birthday party tomorrow, pumpkin carving Sunday. I am reading Doreen Gildroy's new book, Human Love, and forging ahead with Zadie Smith.

A friend today told me he thinks he's going to get out of the adjunct game. Go back into mental health services.

I like teaching, although it can be frustrating at times. But today is Friday!

My final shipment of bulbs arrived. I will plant iris, tulips, crocus and daffodils - soon.

My hair has blonde streaks in it now. I did it myself. I will never do it again.

No comments: