Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Little Field of Self

I saw another sign of autumn today - Canada geese flying overhead.

The paper chase has begun - I have sixty essays to read before Monday. Briefly considered other job options today, as I was driving the freeway. Circus performer? Magician at kid's parties? "Signs of autumn" identifier for the masses?

Gertrude Stein quote: "Everyone gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense."

I was reading The Little Field of Self again this weekend, after Zanni mentioned it. And yay, she has another book coming out very soon! I love her quiet lines.

I will write more before the day is done! Going to class now, to teach my "revision workshop" to students who feel somewhat hostile towards this whole concept of ... revising.

No comments: